Saturday 16 February 2019

To Appa, With Love

Dear Appa,

I remember the time when we were coming back from Managalore by train some years ago. We got off at the station and were walking towards the exit, when suddenly, there was a massive crowd and a huge rush around us. I remember putting my arms around your waist and clasping on tightly, never letting go, so close that I could hear your heartbeat. You held onto me and made sure I was unharmed. I thought that we would never let go of each other forever.

Now, you will have to leave, and fly, fly far way from home to a new place, where a whole new future is waiting for you. Your dream to pursue further studies is admirable, and I wish the best for you. I do not, however, want to be turn away from my papa, who has been there with me by night for almost every day of my life. When I was small, I used to consider us as a unit, a team, in a cosy nest that we nurtured all these years, all three of us. All that changes now, when you go to your new abode.

I am not trying to be clingy and restrict you, although I would have  if I could. I see that it would be futile, and understand how much this means to you. Go to the places you want to go, do the things you want to do! Just don’t ever stop thinking me. Never change papa, and stay the way you are; soft, kind, determined and ambitious. Don’t hesitate to follow your dreams and go down this new path, no matter how challenging it may seem. There could be downs, difficulties and stones in your way, but do not let that stop you. You know your family is here to wish you the best. My little hands are waiting to be guided by you to the dream that we dreamt together. And when we miss each other ,we The Lion King, one of our favourite movies to remember.

“Look at the stars. The great kings of the past look down on us from those stars... so whenever you feel alone, just remember that those kings will always be there to guide you. And so will I."

Love Anshu

No comments:

Post a Comment